When seasons change, one of the most overlooked rooms in the house for updated decorating is the bathroom. Whether you want to add some oomph to your guest bath, or want to bring a spa quality to decorating a master bath, here are some quick and easy bathroom decorating tips to get your bath in tip top shape!
* You actually don’t spend a lot of time in the bathroom, so do something special with it. Try a daring color combination or a theme room you love but wouldn’t use in another space. Name your theme bathroom, then get to the paint store! Try rich jewel tones or cheery pastels, whatever fits your theme. Just make it a color you love that you’ve always wanted to try!
* Bump up the excitement level of your boring bath towels, and stitch an easy and quick edging to them with pretty fabric. It takes just a small amount and some simple hemming to add pretty custom details to your bath. You can also create custom bath rugs this same way, by sewing edging to all four sides of a bath towel. Be sure to use a non skid pad underneath. Here is a tutorial by Home and Away with Lisa. Love this!
* Use pretty everyday things in a practical way in your bathroom. Creamers make great toothbrush holders, pretty sea shells make a soap dish, or roll up extra towels in a large pottery piece or wine rack. Just because it’s the bathroom, don’t overlook small details and opportunities to bring beauty into your life.
* Afraid to hang pictures in a bathroom? Pick up inexpensive frames from the dollar shop, and fill them with pages from garden catalogs or thrift store books. Hang them in groupings in the bath for a gorgeous accent. If water eventually damages the pictures, just remove them and insert new ones. After all, they were free! (Or almost!) Love this striped bathroom redo from ‘Living Rich on Less‘!
This is a really cute coastal bathroom by ‘Just a Girl‘… Great theme, without looking too cutesy… Check out her before and after!
* In a guest bath, make your visitors feel pampered by adding a pretty tray full of bath items such as lotions, tissue, and perfumed soaps. Create a tray on a budget by taking an old picture frame, giving it a good coat of paint to blend with your baths décor, then instead of a picture, add a piece of fabric to the frame for elegance. Instant pretty tray, and you probably had everything your need already! Photo by Real Simple.
* Use glass paints and faux leading strips to create a stained glass look on that ugly and plain bathroom mirror. You can even add wood trim around the edges of the mirror to give a framed mirror effect. No more ugly builders mirrors! The Happier Homemaker has a great tutorial on framing in your bathroom mirror. Try this!
Take a weekend and create pretty bathroom décor for yourself or your visitors. Its quick and easy to make small changes that make a huge difference in decorating a bathroom!Image Credits: Just a Girl, House Beautiful, Home and Away, BHG, Living Rich on Less, Cottage Market, Happier Homemaker