Contemporary decorating is one of the most popular and fastest growing decorating styles today, and it fits the bedroom beautifully. Contemporary bedroom decorating is a style that emphasizes simple, uncluttered design while punctuating the room with personality.
It is a style that is very versatile,and can run the gamut from very clean and minimalistic like modern design, to a warm room full of personal touches. Is is never cold and sparse, and is much more versatile than both modern and traditional design.
Elements In a Contemporary Bedroom
- Contemporary design is about clean lines. Get rid of fussy ruffles, intricate patterns and cluttered collections. Use simple lined furniture.
- Use a neutral backdrop and add bright, modern splashes of color. This is also a great way to save your budget. When you wan to change the way a room feels, it’s only a matter of swapping out accessories.
- Remember, less is more. One large piece of art is much better than many small frames on a wall.
- Organize, organize, organize. Take advantage of closet organizing and under bed storage to keep the room clean and fresh looking.
- Think bold when it comes to accessories. Choose linens with a bold, two tone pattern, or a colorful painting that makes a statement. Choose a bold accent color. Try using a piece from another decorating style as a contrast to the sleek nature of the room.
Contemporary design is not about being stark and cold. Make sure to soften lines in a room with a soft, textural throw rug, a few simple throw pillows in luxurious fabrics, or a pair of sheer curtain panels if blinds alone feel too cold.
Contrast your soft furnishings with metal accessories for a modern punch.
Make sure you update your lighting in your room. Sleek, industrial light fixtures or simple barrel shades on your lamps make a big difference in updating a room to a more contemporary feel.
Contemporary bedroom decorating creates an updated room that is restful and rejuvenating at the same time.Image Credits: West Elm, Wayfair, BHG