The stress in our day to day should remind us to take a little time to nurture the romance in our lives. Don’t confine the romance in your life to just that one day, however. Create a romantic bedroom space! This can seem to be a daunting task if you’re on a tight budget. Never fear, here are some great ways to punch up the sizzle in your bedroom (ok, I am just talking decorating here, folks…) without leaving your bank account fried!
1. Paint your room a rich, luxurious color to comfort and calm. A $10 can of paint can go far to upping the cozy factor in your bedroom! Hint: DON’T do this the day before a special day…or the smell will send any romance in the room right out the window! Photo by HGTV.
2. Purchase several yards of a gauze or net fabric from your local fabric store, and make your own romantic canopy. Screw eye hooks into the ceiling at each corner of the bed, and draw the fabric through so that it drapes near the ground, overhead, then down again. Repeat on both sides of the bed. The same romance as a four poster, for just a few dollars! Or just add some romantic dust ruffles and shams! Photo from ‘The Decorista‘.
3. Bring scent into your room with potpourri, incense, or candles. Try to pick a scent your spouse will enjoy also. Sandalwood, patchouli, and woody scents are all compatible for both sexes, and make a romantic bedroom a special space. Photo by ‘Woman’s Day‘.
4. Add a few drops of your favorite perfume to your linens before making the bed…a sensual reminder of who inhabits it! (Remember, just a few drops, don’t overdo it!)
5. Move things around! Just a new view on the room can give you both the feeling you are on vacation in some fabulous hotel…if only for a little while!
6. Try a DIY home decorating project like our contemporary upholstered headboard. Learn to paint a fabulous piece of art, sew some curtains or a new duvet, or just clear out the clutter. Putting some of yourself in your bedroom decorating can be the most romantic plan of all! Photo by ‘House to Home‘.
Remember, you spend a large amount of time in your bedroom, take a little time to create a romantic bedroom haven for you and the one you love.
This bedroom centers around a hand painted sign from SugarBoo Designs…
Pretty bedroom idea on a budget from ‘Raising Up Rubies‘!
Photo from ‘Houzz‘.
Image Credits: Houzz, HGTV, The Decorista, Womans Day, House to Home, BHG, Raising Up Rubies